Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Typhoid Mary would like to retract her statement


Last week, after a meal of Empanada's at the newly opened location for Empanada Joe's on 22nd street, I became very ill with what I thought for sure was food poisoning. I have discovered over the course of the last few days as those around me have fallen ill , condemned to a similar fate of toilet hugging, that I was too quick to conclude food poisoning to be the source of my harrowing experience.

It is rare that I remove a post from this blog. However, in this case, I feel it is necessary to prevent any unfair criticism of Empanada Joes. I afterall did enjoy the food that I had there and it was reasonably priced. It is important to be able to admit when one has made a mistake, and in this case I have concluded that I was wrong.
I whole heartedly apologize to the folks over at Empanada Joes and wish them all the best with their new location.

That being said, Please everyone be aware that there is a highly contagious virus that can be spread with very little physical contact. (see here) I rode the train with poor Carrie Thomas on Thursday and on Friday night, she found herself bowing to the porcelain god.

On Saturday evening, Konstantine also fell to his knees and bowed his head in the confessional known as Jason and Simon's bathroom.

I sign this post typhoid Mary, admittedly wrong...but ultimately just happy to eat solid food again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am seeing this more and more at my clinic. Alot of my patients are coming in sick.

Anonymous said...

Probably norovirus, the so-called "stomach flu". Symptoms just as you described, "projectile vomiting" and "watery diarrhea".

Extremely contagious, especially in nursing homes and schools. Responds to simple soap & water for prevention, but generally not to alcohol gels like Purell.

And fortunately, if you're not very young or very old, it's unlikely to kill you, unlike real food poisoning from e coli, salmonella and the like.

Hope you're finally feeling better.

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.