Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 11



Well, it's day 11 of nonsmoking and I am delighted to say that it is going pretty well. I feel most anxious at night and took two tylenol PM pills to ensure restful sleep. I have definitely experienced a bit of grogginess as a result this morning.

For the most part I have not wanted to smoke, but when I looked at this photo of the broken cigarette it made my heart beat quickly and lustfully. It's strange how a simple image can illicit such a strong physical response.

Also, I am on day 4 of no coffee. I've replaced it with tea. I've been feeling oddly calm and a bit giddy. I feel very optimistic about life right now. I read a bit more of the artist's way and embark on a journey of artistic exploration starting next week. It's a bright new leaf to turn over and one that is long overdue.

2 comments:

Ricky said...

Congrats! I want you around a long time making music.

Robert German said...

Thank You Ricky. I'm doing my best to make some improvements. The encuoragement helps a lot.

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.