Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall

For me, the fall is burnt wood and apples. These are two things that fill my mind when the leaves begin to turn and the air becomes crisp.

There is one other thing that is indescribable. The best way to explain it is the smell of snow. Tiny particles of water freeze in the air and fly up your nostrils and it smells like kissing a snowman. They are so small that they can't be seen by the naked eye, but you can feel them.

These things are here. Though I love them, I know that they bring the cruel and ungiving tongue of winter. It makes me want to flee to the south and do a show.

I recently did an interview with a very nice man named Russ in Texas. We talked for over an hour about the album, the world and all sorts of things. I accidentally locked myself in the airshaft on the 23rd floor of a 24 story building, which is where the whole phone call took place.

I miss my family. Lately I have found myself in a very emotional place, very open. The fall does this to me. It is the dark and the cold that seep into the skin and the soul. I've heard of people in scandinavian countries going into rooms with ultraviolet light as a therapy for their sadness. This makes me wonder, are people happier in California?

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.