Saturday, November 10, 2007

A letter to fans and friends

Dear friends and fans,

Thank You for all of the support that you have given to me over the years by coming to shows, helping with posters, mailings and the other numerous ways that you have spread my music to the masses.

I recently was given the news that the studio where I record my music will be closing its doors on Dec. 3rd of 2007. Having recorded more than half of the music for the
next album, sunrise at the speakeasy, I was rather heartbroken to learn this news. Though I could possibly go to another studio or work with another person, I have gotten into a rythm with this album and want to keep a continuity to the sound of the record. I am confident that I can finish the album before this time.

Most of the expenses for my music come out of my own pocket without the backing of a major label. This is something that I wouldn't change for the world. For this reason, I am only able to pay for recording time in small increments. I find myself in a position where I must finish this album with less than a month to do so. I believe this is possible with some help.

For those of you who would like to contribute $10 or more to the production costs, I will send you one signed advance copy of the cd when it is finished.

For those of you who would like to contribute $20 or more, I will send you 2 signed advance copies of the album when it is finished.

For those of you who make a donation of $100 or more, I will give you special recognition as a sponsor for this album and the opportunity to put either your name, company name or and/or website in a special acknowledgement section on the inside of the album artwork and you will receive 3 signed copies of the album.

If you are unable to help, do not worry. Many of you have given more to me than I could ever repay. I love you just the same.


Again, thank you for your support.

Yours truely,

Robert German









"I am not a common bum, but I can sing and I can strum and turn your change into a meal. One step from being homeless, fucked up but never hopeless. Is this the way you feel?"- Selling out

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.