Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Paula Abdul


OK Kids, I have a confession to make.
I'm not proud nor am I ashamed of this admission, but I have something to get off my chest.

The first concert that I ever saw was Paula Abdul in Bonner Springs Kansas with opening act Color me Badd.
OK, I have a second confession. I really enjoyed it and thought it was super awesome.
OK...I was 13 years old and it was during that phase where I wore overalls with one strap hanging down and a neon colored shirt underneath. I also had that haircut where it looked like somone put a bowl on my head and cut everything that wasn't underneath the bowl. The bowl haircut? Is that what it's called?

I remember hearing the song Rush Rush on the radio and saying, Oh my god, I have to get that. I purchased a cassette single and strolled around with my walkman listening to the song over and over and over and over again. Obsessive Compulsive? Maybe. Pure joy to my little 13 year old ears, absolutely.

So, why am I suddenly sharing this confession? Well, I got a letter a couple of weeks ago. I must admit that I read every letter that I receive but am not very good at responding. Part of this is my horrific handwriting, but I know that's not the best excuse.

So, Ricky, there is no shame in being all about that new Paula Abdul single. Though many think she is washed up, there was a time when she danced her ass off and dominated the pop charts.

So, in honor of my secret love, I'm going to share a few Paula Abdul video clips...just because.

First, a video that really showcased Paula Abdul's dancing ability, Cold Hearted Snake. Remember Paula did choreography for videos for eveyone from Janet Jackson to ZZ Top. This video was a tribute to Bob Fossey. Yes. I know more about Paula Abdul than I should.


Of Course Rush Rush because it is Paula's tribute to Rebel Without a Cause, obviously.


And.....just because this footage really cracked me up...

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.