Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Fon-do's and don'ts


Tonight is the two hour season finale of the show 'Lost'. God, I love this show. As many of you may or may not know, I don't really watch television.

However, late last summer, a friend handed me the DVD set for 'Lost-season 1' and told me I had to watch it. I politely said no thanks and gave it back and was then prodded into watching it. I decided somewhat begrudgingly to give in and see what could be so great.

Two days later, I was in bed glued to my laptop screen, having only moved to maintain the minimum of bodily functions necessary to sustain my life. I watched the entire first season in one disgusting sitting, hooked like a crack whore.
I refused all phone calls and invitations for social interaction. When the last episode was done, I stared at my screen, saddened. So, deeply saddened.

What would I do now? I needed my crack. Luckily, this was just before the beginning of the second season, which I have watched religiously. Every Wednesday night, I do not make plans. I do not take phone calls. I meet with my two partners in crime, Alanna and Sioban, to partake in our weekly ritual. We cook dinner, drink wine, and adhere to a rule of no talking unless it is a commercial break.

So, tonight is the TWO HOUR!!!! season finale. I prepared a large batch of spinach dip for the occasion. We will also be doing smores fondu. In Robert's fon do's and don'ts; graham cracker, chocolate, and marshmallow are definitely a fon-do.


photo credit-Carrie Thomas

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.