Friday, September 14, 2007

Water & Gossip

It is the water I am often drawn to.
I ended a sentence with a prepostion.
The water pulls me in.
I did it again.
God help me in both regards.

Sometimes I wade, though sometimes I fall into the water.
When falling is the case near to death laced, I find
branches extended, befriended by
strangers after shows
where lord knows I was ready to quit.

To give this up completely.
Do you really think I enjoy giving everything I have to give to you?
Yes, I do, in fact.
It is where I find my joy.
I deploy my songs like boats and hope they will
float to finally find you, crying or trying to cry
even though you find you can't.
I rant. That is why you're here.
So this is it, a bit of ranting for your eyes
to explore. Give me more more more, you may ask
or perhaps you don't care. It was the antidepressants, I swear
not the beer or the chips that made my highheels slip.
Are the sequens too tight? Are you ready to bite?

I will reach for the branch and think perchance that friendship is the course.
Give the poor girl a break. She just had two kids and she's going through a divorce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... there's a song in there, I can smell it! You're bursting with them, aren't you!! - Mr. C

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.