Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A Letter from Our Mailbox
(response to follow)


"I was so excited for the first time in a long while about something i heard.

I was just chillin' listening to pandora. Elliot Smith's "Color Bars" to be exact. i was like, 'holy crow! i love it. I want to do sound for him! i want to go see a show!" 1st time I ever heard of him. i check it out a little further... From portland... Cool! But I had no idea that he passed away almost 5 yrs ago. Really shocked me. it does not help that his music is so melancholy. Goose-pimples!

I can't believe he's not around. i am sad to wonder what he could have written next.

F*ck. Now i'm Pissed. But still sad.

Robert, I just wrote you b/c i am sure you have heard of him? Can you share -some sort of personal connect or story, of this man- with me(or your blog)? if you have any?"

3 comments:

Carrie Johanna Thomas said...

Eliot Smith was indeed superb. I happen to like Junk Bond Trader and Wouldn't Mama Be Proud, both on the same album. (interesting trivia: Robert gave the CD to me when he moved out of the 13th street apt., before Sirens of Brooklyn was released.

Carrie Johanna Thomas said...

Eliot Smith was indeed superb. I happen to like Junk Bond Trader and Wouldn't Mama Be Proud, both on the same album. (interesting trivia: Robert gave the CD to me when he moved out of the 13th street apt., before Sirens of Brooklyn was released.

Sanford90029 said...

Carrie... Cool Story. My "Elliot Smith" station on Pandora plays some of the most interesting music. For example; Neil Young "Old Man," Ben Folds, and maybe a little too much Belle and Sebastion.

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.