Friday, February 10, 2006

Fear of Los Angeles


I think I may have an irrational fear of Los Angeles.
I've never wanted to go there, and yet I never really had a reason to loathe or fear the city of angels.

My only real theory is that it is my grandmother's fault. My grandmother was an okie, the people from Oklahoma who fled the dustbowl and ended up in California trying to find a better life, but basically spat on and treated like scum.(see Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath)

Maybe it's a deep resentment of California's treatment of my grandmother, passed down in my genetic makeup. Regardless, I have never been to Los Angeles and I have never had a desire to go.

Regardless of how I feel, I will touch down in Los Angeles on Monday and will not see my beloved New York again until Thursday night. I am keeping an open mind, and who knows I just might fall in love with LA.

Tomorrow I'm back in the recording studio reworking an old recording. I have a feeling that you're all going to pee your pants with glee when you hear the ear candy that will be coming your way. Alright, I'll just come out with it. It's the Walking song.

I'm told people look at you strange if you walk in L.A. I'm going to be driving a mini-van, so I'll be super hot driving through West Hollywood.

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.