Saturday, February 18, 2006

Hollywood Fire Hydrant for reelz, not for fakes


Imagine driving through Hollywood at 2:30 in the morning.
a few blocks ahead a giant gyser of water is shooting up into the air 40 feet high.
the source of this magnificent ?natural? disaster was a car which had crashed into the hydrant. The water had blown the hood off the car, which had blossomed into a beautiful fountain. It was magnificent. I wish I had a picture to show you, but I didn't have a camera. It will live in my memory forever.

My new favorite bar is a place called The Abbey on Robertson and Santa Monica in West Hollywood.

obviously my irrational fear of LA has fallen away, and I apparently had some sort of weird experience that makes no sense to even people who live there. At night, the air smelled like flowers, sweet and sickening, reminiscent of the magnolias from my early years in the south. I drove all over including the 405 freeway and it was enjoyable. nobody cut me off. People stopped to let me merge into traffic. It was pleasent. The weather was beautiful. The people were beautiful, well most of them. The food was delicious and fresh.

Have a found Utopia? Los Angeles is tricking me. It is hiding its underbelly. I must return and seak it out. I'm not fooled by this show of fragrant blossoms and friendly drivers.

and yet, I think I want to move there. oh god.

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.