Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A crumb to tide you over

My debut album was originally scheduled for release in June, but due to a few circumstances beyond my control
( I blame George Bush because everyone can get behind that)
It has been pushed back for a November release.

I feel bad about saying the cake was going to be ready, to have you sitting there on the sofa waiting with your empty plate, tapping your fork.

So, I've decided to throw some crumbs of sorts without giving so much away that I ruin your appetite.

in the next 24 hours a working version of the title track 'The Sirens of Brooklyn' will be up on myspace for you to preview. This is not the completed version, so think of it as a demo.

I also encourage you, if you wish to purchase the album when it is released to sign up for my e-list on myspace to be notified when the album is available for purchase.

I hope you enjoy this song, which has never been played live, written less than a month ago, about a very true life experience.


To You:
You know who you are, because there is no getting around the fact that this song is written about you. I hold no anger or malice, and I was apprehensive about putting this song on the album because I didn't want you to be mad at me. I promise that I will never reveal your name.

This song will be angry at you forever so that I don't have to be.

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.