Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Maybe It's just a phase

Time goes faster and faster the older that you get.
I must be getting really old, because it seems to fly now.
It's like you're in a jerking rollercoaster climbing up the first
height. The top of this hump is age 20 and then you see over the edge and before you know it, your stomach is pressed against your throat and your face is stretched out like an upper-east side plastic surgery victim.

You scream weeeeeeeeeeeee....

Yes, life is just a rollercoaster ride full of ups and downs and the ride is over much faster than you ever realised. Some of us hold tightly to the safety bar, while others ride with our hands outstretched, towards the sky.

I find that when a love relationship ends, it goes in phases, at least for me. I seem to have the worst luck with relationships. I must have done something in a past life that has condemned me to live out relationship after relationship with horribly tragic and dramatic endings.

The first phase for me is anger, which only lasted a day. The second phase involves drowning my sorrows, which lasted two days and the third phase is making out with a cute boy, which has somehow already happened. Normally these phases of healing for me take months. Yes, the rollercoaster is freefalling fullthrottle and my hands are over my head.

I wish I could fall helplessly and completely in love. With each instance of heartbreak, I become slightly harder, a little deadened. I wish I could fall like someone who doesn't know that there isn't always someone there to catch them. Maybe I can regain this unabashed romantic stuper that consumes so many 14-20 year olds, compulsively scribbling hearts, arrows and soon-to-be forgotten names into their notebooks....maybe this is just a phase.

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.