Monday, February 12, 2007

The Weekend: a recap


photo from genderoffenders.com

Friday, I traveled to Asbury Park for my first New Jersey show and quite possibly one of the strangest shows I've ever done. It was wonderful to see the lovely Mr. Carpentier, who traveled all the way from Brooklyn for the show. It was equally delightful to see Richard and Marc, owners of Excelsior Bar in Brooklyn who also treked down to the shore for the weekend.

I was joined by the incredibly talented Mr. Jeff Cubeta (kaboodle) of Kitt and Kaboodle fame who rocked that piano in ways it's never been rocked before.

A special thanks to Chris and Joe for traveling to the show. It was great meeting both of you guys, and I hope you are enjoying the album. :)

We got back to NYC at 3:30 am. I passed out and didn't wake up until 3:30 in the afternoon. I ate a lovely brunch served up by Mr. C and then passed out again for 2 hours. I have been so sleep deprived lately. It was great to finally have some dreams.

Saturday Night.....
I rushed with bed-head to Union Square to see the Gender Offender's Valentine's Massacre which was a lot of fun. Afterwards I chatted and chuckled with the always glowing and slap-a-knee pop-a-kidney funny, Allison Castillo. We were joined at the after-party by the multitalented Greg Walloch. All in all it was a thoroughly wonderous evening.

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.