Thursday, February 15, 2007

Top 10 Random Things that Make me Happy

Photo by Carrie Thomas

1. Pigeons Dancing

2. Baby Pot Belly Pigs(I want one so bad)
Can't you just see me walking through the streets of New York with a pig on a leash?

3. Bacon.
I know this is in direct conflict with #2, but I can't think about it right now. Shouldn't I be able to have my pig and eat it to?

4. Lying on my back in the grass and looking up at the stars especially during a meteor shower. It's so hard to see the stars in the city. I know they'll be there when I hit the road.

5. My guitar, black swan.
Yes, my guitar has a name and I talk to it.

6. Butter.
Everything tastes better with butter. Oh how I love butter.

7. Kissing. It's been so long since I've kissed that I've almost forgotten how lips taste, but oh I love to just kiss for hours. Those first hours of kissing and staring into each other's eyes when you first start to fall in love and your whole body tingles are like butter and bacon at a pigeon dancing contest during a meteor shower.

8. Sliders.
Yes, I'm a dork. It's a short lived Sci-Fi series with Jerry Oconnel who was the hotness. They travel through wormholes to alternate earths and end up in all sorts of odd situations. I download episodes and watch them on my ipod sometimes when I'm falling asleep. Jerry Oconnel, I want to adopt a chinese baby with You.

9. Educational Television
Still a dork. Give me gorillas in the mist, dinosaurs, lava and distant glaxies far far away. I want to know all about black holes, dark matter, supernovas and neutron stars. I want to contemplate human colonization of mars using the skills we've learned here in the field of global warming to heat the atmosphere of the red planet, or as I like to call it, Earth2.

10. Jane Birkin singing Orang Outan from the album Je T'aime.
Oh Serge and Jane. Those were magical days. This is an album that is good for making love, Sunday brunch or for those days when you need a little bit of a pick me up.

2 comments:

karl said...

One of my favourite things to do when the wind is howling and throwing ice around the sky is to sit in a warm room and write lists of things that make me happy.

Nothing beats sitting in front of a warm fire, barefoot, a bowl of olives and some soothing background music writing affirmations.

I think my second favourite thing would be reading other peoples lists.

K x

Brian Farrey said...

There is nothing wrong with liking Sliders. The show had its moments (and, yes, Jerry O'Connell). Great premise, mediocre writing. Can you imagine how the show would go if the people behind the new Battlestar Galactica got their hands on it?

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.