Monday, July 16, 2007

George is my savior, I shall not want

On June 16th, My 29th birthday.
Tragedy struck my little musical world when
a cab driver peeled away with my guitar in the trunk of his car.

I went into a state of shock, something of a paralysis, really.
K and I spent days calling every lost and found, every cab company and anyone with any suggestions as to what we could do.

Unfortunately, my guitar, black swan has gone away, hopefully to a home where she will be loved and appreciated.

In an amazing turn of events, I have been given an extraordinary gift.
Hearing of my loss, a man by the name of George Lee bought me a new guitar.
I had a hard time accepting this gift at first, but after some convincing on George's part, I gave in. It amazes me how kind people can be, how giving.

I now have a beautiful new guitar very appropriately named George.
After a month of not being able to play I have been playing until my
fingers ache on a daily basis and it's the sweetest pain ever.

Thank You George. You have given me a second chance. I promise I will make beautiful music with your namesake.

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.