Friday, July 06, 2007

The Really Strong Hurricane...AKA Katrina

Sometimes the simplest things in life are the ones that bring us the most pleasure.
I enjoy a good fried shrimp Po' boy sandwich and there is a little place in Rehoboth Delaware that I always visit for their excellent Po' boys.

Marc, K and I all went to enjoy the pleasures of po' boy, but this time something on the menu struck me as really really really WRONG. There is an alcoholic drink called the hurricane and this restaurant decided to create a drink for their menu called the Katrina, a hurricane with more alcohol or as the menu promised something horrible like, will knock your socks off or drown your sorrows, something just wrong.

After the very excellent sandwhiches I decided to speak with the owner. I was very polite, telling her how much I enjoy her establishment and the delicious cuisine, but that I find a drink being called to Katrina to be really insensitive and inappropriate.

Her response was that I need to lighten up. I told her that in fact I don't need to lighten up and that she wouldn't name an entree the 9-11. People lost their lives in a horrible catastrophe and that the drink shouldn't be on her menu. She again told me that I need to lighten up and I decided to say goodbye or rather just walk out of her restaurant. (I did pay before doing so)

Call me crazy, but there are still people living in FEMA trailers, if you must have a tragic drink, I recommend something where the wounds have healed a bit, like the "Titanic-Iced latte" or the "Pearl harbor fried oysters."

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.