Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Twice Bloom

photo by Carrie Thomas

There is nothing like a flower that blooms twice in one night
its petals opening for the moon
The sweet smell of skin
again and again
each time hotter and wetter
better than
the cold and dry of yesterday at noon.

I say yes to you and never no.
You are like no other.
As far as flowers go, you are the sweetest
and the brightest.

There is no need for a sun in the sky.
It's harsh rays only say that day has come
and I must unwrap the vines that cling to my trellis.

Yes, you are a flower like no other.
I inhale your scent, spent from the intoxication.
Oh sweet lotus hold this heart with gentle care.
I give you water and air and everything that pulses.

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.