Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Glitters and Sparkles

There is a new song called Glitters and Sparkles. It is not quite done, but I have been playing with these little demos in my room, making beats, recording guitar and Singing. I am getting used to George. We have only scratched the surface of our conversation. He has things to say, in ways that I hadn't listened.

There is this song called 600 Miles. I'm not sure where it will go, but it wants to take me somewhere. I can tell you that I met two people out on the road who touched my heart and my soul. One is of course the namesake for my guitar, Mister George Lee. He is a savior in times of great loss. There is also Ricky in Minneapolis who has been so kind and gracious. Thank you for the card.

There is of course always Sanford and Son who got me through the Jitters and brought me into the world of being my own Roadie. Oh, You don't know glamour until You've been your own roadie, people. Mmm, my arms sure looked good, but boy wass my spine another story. When you recognize employees of the greyhound terminal at the Port Authority, You know that your star is blazing bright across the sky, ready to light a thousand chinese peace lanterns.

Boy will they glitter and sparkle.

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.