Saturday, August 18, 2007

A little bit about Mr. Carpentier

Yesterday, I posted the lyrics to Mr. Carpentier.
Mr. Carpentier is a new song to be released on the unplug single in the fall.


When I released Sirens of Brooklyn, I felt extraordinarily empty. Instead of feeling this great sense of accomplishment or empowerment, I felt defeated and drained. I had been functioning for a year with very little sleep, which continued for a year after that. It is only recently that I have slowed down a little to regain my grounding.

During this period, just after the release of my album, there is one person who was a huge support for me. He is my best friend in this world and an incredible individual full of compassion, love and respect for humanity, art and nature on a level that I have never encountered.

Marc Carpentier has been one of the most selfless people in my life. He has unconditionally loved and supported me. For a while I lived on his sofa. He didn't ask me for anything. He didn't pressure me to leave. He opened his home to me with no conditions, allowing me to pursue my art.

I am not sure that I would be here today, if it were not for this incredible man, and I can't wait to share this song with you all.

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.