Friday, August 24, 2007

Paula Abdul Cures tha' Funk

The first live concert that I saw was Paula Abdul with opening
act Color Me Badd in Bonner Springs Kansas when I was 12 or 13 years old. I remember pyrotechnics and Paula flying over the crowd. Color Me Badd performed in matching suits that were different primary colors and kept telling us to stay off drugs between songs.

I will now admit that I was a member of the Paula Abdul fanclub, and if that is not gay then I don't know what is.

I recently came across videos of Paula Abdul doing television interviews in what appears to be a very altered state. If this isn't a cure for tha' funk, I don't know what is.

I am smiling. The wave has passed.

No comments:

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.