Monday, August 13, 2007

Stardust and the Silver Screen


On Saturday K and I caught a matinee of Stardust.
It met and exceeded all my expectations.
Run don't walk to the theater and see this movie.
It is a magical dark fairytale for adults.
I almost cried three times and Robert Deniro doing the Can Can in drag on a pirate ship in the sky is absolutely priceless...oop, I gave a tiny piece away. Hurry and see it before I divulge more secrets.

Sunday I did a show at Pianos with the lovely Maddy Wyatt.
I am still getting to know George he surprised me at a few points in the night.
Thing came out of him that I have never gotten to come out of a guitar on stage.
Other things that I'm used to, were different.
We are in an adjustment phase, getting to know each other's quirks, but I am starting to fall i love with George as I unravel his mysteries.

Tonight is my silver screen debut, well sort of.
It is a screening of the Casey Stratton Documentary at
The Anthology Film Archives.
There is a trailor showing before the film, with me blabbing about being sent to Exodus by my parents with the hopes of turning me straight. Ugh. Am I ready to see myself twelve feet tall? I'm not sure. I guess I'd better get ready, seeing as the music video will be premiering soon.

1 comment:

beth slack said...

Love that you loved STARDUST as well. It totally rocked my world. I swear, I became 10 years-old again as I sat staring at the screen. Oh, and I had to go and pee, and literally RAN there and back. I am such a dork! I think of you often friend...

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.