Sunday, June 15, 2008

29

Is it celebrating 30 or mourning your 20's?
I think I'm torn and yet, I know that I am
not. Soooo. Thank you to the wonderful people who came out
to the Zipper Factory despite a monsoon season in Manhattan.

You were all beautiful and amazing.

Most of all, I want to thank George.

Mister Lee,
How can it be that you're so good to me?

I feel that I have reached a transitional period.

I loved this show with all of my heart, but in a way it was
waving goodbye.

Goodbye dear twenties. You wore down the parts that needed to be polished and you
left alone the ones that were good as they were. Goodbye to the first phase of my adult existence and hello to a better me.

I will take out the trash, and I will drop off the laundry. I will forgive myself for not being perfect and I will say goodbye to the socks that litter my floor with holes in the back from my being too rough with them.

I vow to clean the balls of wax out of my ears and listen a little more in this new decade...both literally and metaphorically.

I vow to get to bed on-time sometimes.

Oops. I broke that one already.

Thank you everyone who has supported me as a musician, a friend and even sometimes as an enemy. You have made me better, all of you.

Thank YOU!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my friend! The world is a better place because you are in it.

And now a word from our sponsor

Without shameless begging, independent musicians would surely starve.